Thursday, May 26, 2011

The New View

The view from here has brightened considerably in the two days since my last post.  Brightened and sharpened.  All because of a little thing called cataract surgery.

I had my annual eye exam about a month ago, and the opthamologist told me that, technically, I wasn't legal to drive.  The cataract I had in both eyes were "ripe" and should be removed.  I knew they were a problem because of the difficulty I have driving at night, when the glare from headlights and overhead street lights made it nearly impossible to see the lines marking the side of the road.

Tuesday, I had the surgery and Wednesday went in for the first of the follow-up exams, this, to remove the patch that I wore overnight.  As soon as it came off, I was literally astonished by the clarity of my vision.  The subtle nature of textures in the exam room, the sharpness of the edges of things, the detail that I didn't even know I was missing out on.

A quick read through of the eye chart revealed that I now had nearly 20/20 vision.

So.....look out.  As soon as I get the other eye done I'll be watching.....and nothing, I mean nothing, will escape my notice.  (Now, if only I could get X-ray vision.)


Thanks, and have a great day.


Kenmarc

No comments:

Post a Comment